Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Moovies!

Well, Ive made the (forced) move to "New" Blogger. Let's see what goes wrong, now, shall we?
Amy started a meme for the Academy Awards and since we have (yet another) snow day, I'll do some typing.


1. Top 3 "good" movies

Casablanca

Lord of the Rings (Julie has a point)

Gone With the Wind


2. Top 3 "bad" movies

Monty Python The Life of Brian

The Princess Bride

Young Frankenstein


3. Number One Quoted Movie

White Christmas


4. Favorite Action Movie

Tied between

Great Escape

Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail


5. Favorite Romance

Any Fred and Ginger


6. Favorite Weeper

An Affair to Remember


7. Favorite Director

Mel Brooks


8. Top "Good Movie" Moment

"Louis, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Casablanca


9. Top Three "Bad Movie" Moments

Mel Brooks at the Last Supper

Dancing Crucifixion

The Swimming Nuns in History of the World Part I


10. Top Three Movie Quotes

"By the time you get aroung to getting what's left to be got, whatever's left to be got won't be interested in whatever it is you've got left to get." (read it out loud)

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You are the man who killed my father. Prepare to die."

"Yes, he vas my boyfriend!" Frau Bleuker (neigh) from Young Frankenstein


11. Top Movie in the Last Two Years

I think the only movie we went to in the last two years is "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest".


There you have it. We watch White Christmas every year (it is a family tradition, my mother and I could always catch it sometime during the holidays) and mostly know it by heart. Just this morning Elder Son looked out the window, turned to me, and said, "Must be beautiful in Vermont this time of year. All that snow?"

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

It is never not beautiful in Vermont.

I'm confused about Top 3 Bad Movies. Are those your favorite movies that are categorized as bad by some Omnipotent Movie Labeling Committee or are they the 3 movies you hate the most.

Cuz I'm embarrassed how much I love some of the movies in various people's Bad Movies list and I will not participate in this MeMe until I understand the distinction.

11:23 AM  
Blogger NeedleTart said...

Coach, In White Christmas the on-going joke is that Danny Kaye is ready for real winter and Vermont is having one of the warmest winters ever. "Snow, snow, snow! It won't be long until I'm covered up in snow...Oh....I long to wash my face, my hands, my hair in snow."

12:53 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

That was AWESOME...I love your movies...excellent... (Mate and I are big fans of the Thin Man as well...and as a mother of a baby Arwyn, I realized that I'd forgotten the LOR because they're like, their own genre or something:-)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

I LOVE Young Frankenstein! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! In fact, I like most of Gene Wilder's films. What ever happened to him????

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home