Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Friday, February 09, 2007

The Plague: Part Doo

Antibiotics are a wonderful thing! So far today I have folded the three loads of laundry I did last night (about 6 hours after the first dose), cut out a prayer shawl for the Rabbi, made lunch (meatball sandwiches) and mixed up a cake so I can use the leftover peanut butter frosting. Note I say mixed up the cake, not baked. As I was about to fold in the milk chocolate chips they moved! There were little spider webby things in the bag and they were still moving too. One bowl of cake batter down the toilet. Now I am trying to convince myself that I should wash the bowl and start again (did I mention that the cake was from scratch? The Husband keeps saying, "Use a mix. That's why I bought them!" But I just want a small cake. There's not a whole lot of frosting left and guess who will eat the cake anyway?).
As for the HBS, I finished the buttonhole side of the button band and started the plain side. Silly pattern has one knit the bands and then sew them on. More sewing up. As I was working on the bands and checking to see if they were the right length, I noticed that one front is a different color from the other. Now, I know I bought all the same dye lot for the body and had to get more for the sleeves, so how the heck did the fronts get to be different colors??? Oh,well. It's going away and it did take me this long to see the difference so if a certain niece can keep quiet, Big Brother will never notice. Back to the cake (which will not be moving this time!).

6 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

Um, eww? There are some things in life that should just NOT move and apparently, I ought to add cake batter to the list.

Congrats for almost-finshing the HBS! ANd for antibiotics, or the things that Keep Me From Killing Someone.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Rae said...

During the holidays I bought 5 containers of dried fruit to turn into gift jars. The fruit alone was $35, not including the other accoutrements to the jars.

I got the fruit home to discover that each container had maggots wriggling in it! Back in the container, back in the bag, grab the receipt, and back to the store. I'm not sacrificing $35 to my trash can, thank you very much!

Needless to say, I haven't bought that dried fruit since. Blech!

Hope you're on the mend soon!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Congrats on the HBS--I don't want to comment on the cake batter, because we're still recovering from those 2 months when we had random things moving across our ceiling... heaven knows what food in my cupboards has since become sentient... hey--you post the HBS when you're done, I'll post Arwyn's cardi:-)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Catie said...

wow, that sounds yicky! I don't know much about the HBS yet but will be doing some back reading in the coming week - I'm becoming a great procrastinator.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Can I just say I'm getting sick of blogger's login antics jettisoning most of the comments I litter on people's blogs?

The Expurgated Version:
...didn't want to know...
...chocolate!?!...
...basement pantry...
...Ghiradelli baking...
...simply have to eat...

9:54 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Like Rae, we've had the little buggies in our dried fruit--although I'd assumed it was from sitting around in our cabinets for way too long. We now keep all our bags of dried fruit (and the grains) in glass jars. Still trying to recover....

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home