Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Guilty!

This is how those of us without much to tell are convinced to update......guilt! The Coach left a message about how long it had been since I posted (not that I left several of those for her......Oh no, not I!), so today I took the pictures I wanted to share and finally loaded them. If Blogger will let me, I will show you what's up. Yay! I loaded the pictures and now will attempt to explain them......

This is the way my living room mantle looks in January. Over the years many of my students (both classroom and piano) have given me snowmen during the winter excess holiday. As often as possible I wrote the name of the child and the year on the bottom. It makes for a nice Sunday afternoon when I put out the decorations and remember the students (more than a few have graduated......from college!). I made the snowmen in the corners. The one on the right is holding a small quilt. I think I'd better get a knitted (or knitting) snowman up by next year.




These are the slippers I mentioned in the last post. The book (as you can read..*headdesk*) is "CinderEdna". It's a great story. If you recall Cinderella was beautiful and everyone helped her just because. CinderEdna lives next door to Cinderella and helps herself. She also wears loafers (not glass slippers) because they are more comfortable when she is cleaning and dancing. I got the book for Great-Niece and thought the best thing to go with it would be loafer shaped slippers. No pattern? How hard could it be to figure out? As it turned out, not so hard just that old procrastination thing going on. At last they are finished (two weeks late, but done!) and in the mail along with a book and dino mittens and book for older brother.




Look what I got in the mail! Lisa Souza yarn! I bought three skeins of Miss Violet's Pink Ribbon (scroll down). One for me and two for Youngest Niece. She has a friend who lost a mother to breast cancer and Niece would like me to knit a scarf for the friend. Niece paid for the yarn and I will do the knitting (gotta spend more time with that kid and get needles in her hands, she does cross-stitch but no knitting. Yet!) I think I will knit the Argosy scarf from Knitty. Someone at Miss Violet's knit along had a picture up and it's purty!






Last picture. I wash The Husband's socks in the washer and give them about 15 minutes in the dryer just to fluff them. Guess how long the blue ones stayed in last time? You in the back? Yes, 55 minutes. They do still seem to fit him, but darn! I knew they were in there.......

I have no idea how this will look once I post but I hope all the info is by the correct picture. In other news the HBS is coming along. I caught a cold from the 5th graders and spent a few days just watching movies (OOHH!!We joined Netflix!) and knitting. Actually I watched "The Vicar of Dibley". Heh! Love it. This week I get to see "Chef!" but the jury is still out. Just after the cold got to the point where I could breathe through my nose again I was called in for PreSchool. Love the little kids, we used about half a bottle of sanitizer and no one cried. Best part of the day? Three aides telling me how happy they are to see me as their substitute. Awww! Makes me feel all warm and loved. Wait! Maybe that's the fever..........

6 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

Actually, I had trouble reading the book title. Maybe it is the fever? I LOVE that yarn, however. May I pet it?

Yeah, it is the fever. I've got a lovely little cold and almost no voice. However, Allegra-D is currently my god because I can still breathe. Just not swallow...

8:28 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Guilty as charged! Payback's a MIL with a mission, my SweetTart.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Must post again...

I want, Want, WANT your Lisa Souza. That's some gorgeousness you've got right there. It'll look mightier than purty when it's all Argosied.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

The sock picture is sort of funny-- I actually had a pair that looked like that fresh off the needles...I still can't explain it--I must have fallen off the gauge precipice or something.

Nice snowmen--and I'm really glad you did post. I was missing you too:-)

6:53 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

The snowmen are really cute. :-)
Love the yarn, and i clicked on the link to see the scarf pattern from knitty, and very nice pattern. Looks like fun.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

The slippers are just too cute!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home