Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Nothing on TV?

Last week The Husband was surfing through the channels and passed right by CSI:Wherever and stopped at the Sheep to Shawl competition at the PA State Farm Show. He said it was the best thing on TV that night. Must use powers for good....

In other news: I'm sure you've heard about Blue Moon Fiber Arts and thier clueless bank. I have always wanted to try these fabulous yarns I hear about on the web and on podcasts. What a wonderful surprise to get a package from Cygnet.
She said when she was at Rhinebeck this yarn just jumped into her arms and she couldn't figure out why. I sent her a few little somethings for the Cygnet-to-be and she knew what to do with the yarn. She sent it to me! Gotta love those blogger friends who totally get yarn as gift. Let's all go over and buy more yarn!

I am still working on the huge blue sweater for The Brother. Back and both fronts are done and so far I have 3 complete skeins of the first batch of yarn left. If I knit fast enough, do you think that will make 2 sleeves, a collar and the button bands?

Samuri Knitter asked a while back that we post our knitting spots. I did this for Crazy Aunt Purl and things haven't really changed but here is a January look at the knitting spot.
Still the same old rocking chair and crappy afghan. But lots of knitting on the window sill. You can see the huge blue sweater (can I start calling it HBS?), red socks for The Husband, and a whole bunch of knitting patterns that I am trying to organize. I had been keeping the patterns I print out from the net (and the few that I have paid to download) in a three-ring binder, but that has gotten so full I can't find anything. Tomorrow I will make a trip to Staples and pick up at least three more so I can have a "Socks" folder, a "Baby" folder, a "Sweater" folder and a "Mixed" folder. Should cut down on the hunting time (note that there is no "Afghan" folder. I have a few patterns I'm just not real interested in knitting such a huge project. Sweater, what sweater?)
The brown footstool in the foreground is really a storage thingee and guess what it is full of? (guess of what it is full?? Heh, Grammer!)
The solitare count is still at 0, and the pounds lost is all the way up to 3. That's 3 out of 20 for my health and 3 out of 90 to get back to a semi-girlie weight. Sigh!! I think I need some chocolate (what were you expecting? I live in PA!). Care to join me?

12 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Mmm. Hershey's, a rocker, knitting. Yup. I could live there. Nice photos! Thanks.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Bells said...

It doesn't look like a crappy afghan from here!! It looks lovely!

mmm...socks that rock....if I ever find a way to get it in Australia, I'm so there.

5:36 PM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

STR. I totally want some of each of the weights in the wool. I can't weight to try the STR Candy though (it's cotton).

6:01 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

I have so many sweater patterns I have to sort them by type of yarn and gauge, that's the only way I can find anything,...good luck

6:03 PM  
Blogger confiance said...

Mmm.. Have you seen the HUGE chocolate bars only available at the gift shop at Hershey's?

And really, I think the more channels you have, the less there is on TV.

Your knitting spot looks a little bit more comfy than mine - my bed. At the very least, you don't have to clean yours to go to bed.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

The colour of that yarn is just divine. And Mmmmmmm chocolate!

3:22 AM  
Blogger CygKnit said...

I agree with Julie: chocolate, rocker and knitting is heaven!

Also glad you like the STR! The color's name made me happy, too :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger MissCritta said...

I love seeing other people's knitting spots! That looks so cozy and fun!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I love that afghan! And yes, my knitting spot looks pretty much the same--minus the lovely afghan, that is.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

Wow, that is beautiful yarn!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loooooovvvvee your knitting spot--it's almost as cluttered as mine, but the blanket jus makes it gorgeous! (amy lane)

8:59 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You need an even dozen...
comments,
eggs,
bagels,
chocolate cupcakes...
whatever.

I'm with bells: not a crappy afghan unless all your crap is that gorgeous, in which case, OK, crappy.

I have stopped subscribing to all but 1 knitting mag because I am so overrun with patterns I'd have to reach a biblical age to use them all. I simply do not want to KNOW there are whole bindersful of free ones out there on the web. LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING!!!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home