Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Helping out

If you have been listening to Lime n Violet (and if not, why not? Go to the site and listen! Now!) you know that Miss Violet needs a little help with some medical bills. One of the people offering to help is Lisa Souza. She has come up with a colorway of hand-dyed (!) yarn called Violet's Pink Ribbon. Every time someone orders this yarn some money goes into Miss Violet's medical fund. Not only that, but I put my order in this evening, yes Christmas Eve (see previous post for why I didn't have anything better to do than surf the net) and Lisa e-mailed me within 15 minutes that she had put my yarn in the queue to be dyed.
Now that 's dedication! I'm sure Lisa had something better to do than check her business mail and yet she took out time to let me know she had received my order and, get this, she thanked me for ordering to help Miss Violet!
Now go and order!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

I'll look it up AFTER the new year--we're trying to make a donation to Medicine Without Borders, so we can help the Yarn Harlot raise her numbers... and I'm such a sucker for any kind of purple yarn, it's sooooo not funny. (Happy Festivus, darling...I'm on the computer to alleviate the let down of vegging in the Christmas rubble.)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

The Violet's Pink ribbon yarn is beautiful!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I guess Lisa's yarn must be a huge hit - I can't access the link!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home