Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Why I Blog

Over at Yarning to Write we were asked to list why we blog. I don't know if I can reach the grand total of 15 reasons, but here goes.
1. I blog because Stephanie told me to.
2. If I didn't blog, I would not have "met" some great people (there are a lot more but find your own!), or as Elder Son put it, "Now I have friends!"
3. The people I meet in blogland don't immediately assume I am a stuck up snot because of my accent (sort of Mid-Atlantic American meets BBC, but when I'm pissed, I sound as though I've swallowed the OED and a grammer book)
4. Most of the blogs I read are nice, normal people who are just a little twisted on one subject (of course it's normal to spend the children's college funds on yarn. Encourages them to do well in school for those scholarships).
5. My husband doesn't have to listen to me rant, or to the ever-so-clever wording I've thought up to describe the former mouse (still with us, but growing fainter every day)
6. I am often inspired by the wonderful ideas others put up on their blogs.
7. You make me laugh! If I can pass it along or add to the humor that's just icing.
8. My computer skills are improving. (See, links! Next I will conquor buttons)
9. I'm terrific, and so are you!
1o. After a long time wallowing in the slough of despond, I have found some people to play with who love words and all things stringy. The world is a better place.
11. Who else would think this is a cool project?


An ice cream sundae soft sculpture. I sold it to a fellow who wanted to surprise a friend of his. Now The Husband says i should make more to put in the nearby college art show. Only if I can find the time....Did you read yesterday's post?

Oops! Guess I'd better get to work on some of those things I listed. Don't forget to vote! Polls are still open and if you don't vote, you can't complain...well, you shouldn't complain.

6 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

...Yum!
(Though, I had a dream this morning about a fridge that got drunk and tried to fall over whenever you'd put ice cream in the freezer. [The ice cream made it drunk.] So I'm avoiding the ice cream in the freezer currently.)

You forgot a reason - blogging is cheaper than therapy and saves yarn money.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

And it sure beats getting to bed at a decent hour.

Thanks for reading mine and commenting so religiously. It's nice to have you visit and just as nice to pull up a chair here at your place.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Wow! excellent sculpture--now I'm thinking that I blog because I get to see what else really creative people are doing! (Thanks for reading--I really look forward to your comments:-)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

lol.

Also, that is a neat scuplture. You should make one for an art show! (Of course from reading your last post i have no idea when you would get time to do that, lol.)

9:13 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You are torturing me with the sundae! After dining on ice cream through my recovery, I've tired of it - however, this makes my tastebuds yearn!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, what perfect answers! I agree completely!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home