Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

We Now Interrupt Our Regular Blog....

For an important announcement. Six months ago I had what the radiologist called an "irregular" mamogram. His advice was to repeat the test this month. Today the technician took three (3!) tries to get a clear image. Turns out I have two moles on my right breast and for the last two years the tech only marked one of them. Luckily, I have been going to the same place for my mamograms since the last century (Wow!). The tech and the radiologist looked up my past records and saw the mark, then (then?) they examined me in the flesh, so to speak, and all threats of disease were removed (well, for the present, at least).
What have we learned?
A. It's a good idea to go to the same place year after year, if at all possible, so they can check your records right there.
B. Know your body. I knew there were two marks on my skin.
C. Ask questions. If I had asked exactly where the problem was, I might have remembered that extra mark and saved a little concern (six months ago, I decided not to freak. Denial is so my river.)
D. Get your mamogram! If there had been a problem, it would have been caught really early and my options would have been more numerous.

We now return you to your regular blog (well, tomorrow, after a celebratory glass of something delicious.....and some cookies).

3 Comments:

Blogger CygKnit said...

What a story! I'm glad it was easily solved, though. Too worrisome, otherwise.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Thanks for this excellent call and the personal story that makes it that much more meaningful.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Wow...good things to remember all...and I'm so glad all is well...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home