Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Sale

Over the weekend we had the Great De-Crapification Sale. Thursday night my living room looked like this:













All day Friday and Saturday my friends and I kept watch for buyers in this way:

This is my dear friend, Dana. She and her husband came down from our hometown just to help me with the sale. They regard it as some sort of vacation. Maybe there's something in the water where we grew up?

For years I have planned to spend part of the summer sitting on this bench under the apple tree while doing needlework. Guess what I found out? There are grass fleas in the grass and they love my blood. Still, I got to live the fantasy for a couple of days. Then it got so hot I spent two whole days in the sewing room with the air conditioner. We made almost enough money to pay for this yarn:


Well, OK, we made enough money to pay for this yarn and the balance on my charge card. Now my living room looks like this:


Note that I did not sell any of the CDs. They, mostly, belong to The Husband. No cookbooks were sold in the de-crapification of this house (Maybe next time. Hee hee).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I like how you called it a de-crapification sale. Helping out with a sale does not qualify as a vacation, but if anybody is nice enough to think of it like that and to help out...i'd let them think whatever they want. That was really nice of them to help out.
Did you try to sell any of the cookbooks? I think it's funny how many cookbooks your husband has. He needs more cookbooks! lol.

2:22 PM  
Blogger CygKnit said...

WOW!

Way to go on the de-crapification. It is not easy, but oh, so worth it!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home