Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Score!

A dear friend of mine says,"Score!" whenever she finds a great buy. At the Sisterhood Sale at the Temple this morning I found this:


It is all marked "Dyed in the Wool" complete with hang tags telling content. From mohair to silk to merino wool to some kind of wierd ribbon, I am soooo excited. I don't know who brought it in, but thanks! Sadly, the husband found two (TWO!) boxes of Time-Life cookbooks. He tried to explain it by saying we can get rid of the ones we have since this is a complete set. We have 11, there are 25 (!) in the boxes. Somehow he came up with "a net gain of 3 cookbooks"? Sigh!

Just a follow up on the drawer full of chocolate, I had time to take a picture before I posted today:


Mmmmmmmm! Chocolate!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

The yarn looks very nice, great buy, and I would agree with your friend by saying "score!" on that one. :-)

The picture of the drawer of chocolate makes me jealous. (Although i could just go to the grocery store and get some more chocolate and problems solved.)

And you needed more cookbooks! lol. If i remember right a while ago you posted pictures of a huge stash of cookbooks (unless i'm thinking of someone else.)

3:33 PM  
Blogger CygKnit said...

Wow. Love love love the yarn.

(Oh, and the chocolate, but that goes without saying).

Thanks so much for your good advise on my wool. Makes me feel much better about keeping it. :)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's certainly a great score - all that yarn looks so awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to make with it! And the chocolate... yummy! :)

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home