Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This Old House

A few posts ago, I told you about the weighty matter of books and old houses. Yesterday, The Harlot told us about her porch and I promised to post a picture of our falling down porch (slated for repairs in July).

Please note the ragged edges where once there stood an intricate porch rail. That fell off during an ice storm two years ago. The whole house is old and The Husband has many skills (a wonderful tomato-beef stir fry among them) but he is not a handy man and my skills lean more towards the decorative.

This is a quote from Teddy Roosevelt, who was president when the house was built. I stared at that large blank space for three years until I figured out what to put up.

On another note, some of you may remember the trouble I had posting pictures. As you can see, my learning curve is a backwards L. I don't get it...I don't get it ....Ah Ha! I can do this and this and this....I have tried to add some links and it's not going all that well. Yesterday I tried to send you to Aunt Dimity and we all got nowhere. I will try again and if we get nowhere, check the comments and I will post the address there.

6 Comments:

Blogger NeedleTart said...

Nope. Sorry. The address for Aunt Dimnity is aunt-dimity dot com.

7:42 AM  
Blogger NeedleTart said...

Would you believe: www dot aunt-dimity dot com? Yeah! That works.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I like the quote that you put on the wall. It looks nice.
I checked out that website for the Aunt Dimity book and it sounds interesting. Then I checked online to see if our library has them and suprisingly they have them. (The library is pretty small.) So in a few days i'll have to go down to the library and check the first book out.

6:06 PM  
Blogger confiance said...

ooo.. I like that quote. Old house, I take it?

I think blogger has been weird lately, about pictures and links and so forth. No idea what it's problem is.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

For me at least, lately blogger has been crashing my browser (yes, still on dial up) when I've tried to post pictures. It's really frustrating!

Needletart - thanks for the webpage - I'm going to go check my library site now!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

if you want to link "aunt dimnity" , when you type your post you highlight aunt dimnity--then you click on the the little picture of a link - and a window will pop up and you put http://www.aunt-dimity.com in there and hit ok and then it will be linked in your post...

by the way...you needed my email..it is dcandbperry@yahoo.com

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home