Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Gold!


Last night at 9:30 I finished my event! Please note the pose. This is the same pose as the model in the directions. Why do you think she has hidden at least one sholuder seam? Because dropped shoulders really don't flatter anyone.

Some things I learned from the Olympics.

1. Just because a sweater doesn't look that good on you doesn't mean it won't be a fun challenge to make.
2. Yup, instarsia is really not as much fun as Aran knitting (or lace, or socks, or, well, pretty much any other kind of knitting).
3. When people ask what you are doing for the next olympics, be vague.
4. Two gallon of chili really will make 4 days of meals, but you have to package it creatively - tacos, burritos, taco salads and so forth.
5. If the bathroom gets disgusting enough men are actually willing to clean it.
6. One pair of jeans will last for 16 days so long as you spend them in the knitting chair.
7. The very best part of this challenge is the 4000 other crazy people who jumped off the cliff right behind Stephanie. Whether or not we finished we had a lot of fun knowing we weren't alone. All hail to the Yarn Harlot and thanks for the good time.

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna M said...

Great sweater! Congrats on the gold medal!

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congatulations. The sweater is gorgeous.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beatiful sweater! Congratulations on the Gold. Are you going to make Bob one?

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sweater is beautiful. glad to see you got the picture thing figured out. great to see your face. dianne

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazel tov on completing that beautiful sweater. I've done some intarsia before, but nothing as elaborate as the Map of the World. WoW! Definitely A gold medal.

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done. I always thought that was a great sweater. But I've never tackled intarsia. My project was an Aran. Tough, but doable.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Congratulations on your Gold Medal! Your sweater is fantastic!!

P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love murder mysteries too! Do you have favourite authors?

7:24 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

What are you saying about dropped sleeves? Groan. I thought it was just my body shape, and I was sooo proud of the last knitting book I bought - all of the patterns in it have dropped sleeves.

The sweater is gorgeous. North America is on the back, right? (If it's not, then just count me as geographically challenged.)

My Olympic challenge was first-time lace knitting. And I was hoping - in four years time - to try Instarsia, because I really don't enjoy having to concentrate on each and every lace stitch.
Maybe I should practise some Instarsia a bit in the meantime?

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! Someday I hope to tackle the Map of the World Afghan.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home