Last night at 9:30 I finished my event! Please note the pose. This is the same pose as the model in the directions. Why do you think she has hidden at least one sholuder seam? Because dropped shoulders really don't flatter anyone.
Some things I learned from the Olympics.
1. Just because a sweater doesn't look that good on you doesn't mean it won't be a fun challenge to make.
2. Yup, instarsia is really not as much fun as Aran knitting (or lace, or socks, or, well, pretty much any other kind of knitting).
3. When people ask what you are doing for the next olympics, be vague.
4. Two gallon of chili really will make 4 days of meals, but you have to package it creatively - tacos, burritos, taco salads and so forth.
5. If the bathroom gets disgusting enough men are actually willing to clean it.
6. One pair of jeans will last for 16 days so long as you spend them in the knitting chair.
7. The very best part of this challenge is the 4000 other crazy people who jumped off the cliff right behind Stephanie. Whether or not we finished we had a lot of fun knowing we weren't alone. All hail to the Yarn Harlot and thanks for the good time.