Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

No, Really! I'm still here!

It's been an interesting two weeks. The Baby had wisdom teeth removed (6, yes 6!) and the very next week he left for college. Luckily the college is nearby so we can check on him if he calls in a lather.

Now for some catching up:
Here are the pictures of the salads in the last post:


This is the Salade Nicoise. Notice that the dressing is a little pale. I ran out of basil and only used about half the called for amount. It was still pretty good, but I do love basil.






This is the Panzella Salad. I think I would have liked some extra tomatoes, but these were all I had. Still yummy!







Ta-Da! The Baby's quilt is finished. If this is the first time you are seeing it, it has fabric from before he was even born. The light blue fabric in the upper right corner is from the jacket he wore at his naming. There are 270 different printed triangles in this quilt. Some have special picutures on them.















On some of the patches, I wrote a little note explaining why I choose that fabric. I read one to The Baby and showed him how they related. The rest are for him to look at when he is feeling homesick. As you can see, I added a little encouragement, too.


This is a car-zuzzah. A mezuzzah for the car. We are supposed to make a little box with a prayer in it to hang in our doorways to remind us to follow the laws. Not too long ago someone put mezzuzahs for your car on the market. After all, we are supposed to discuss the law "on our way". Now for the funny part. Notice that my car-zuzzah is stuck next to the radio and not on the doorpost of the car. I first put it up (on the doorpost) during the heat wave. That evening I went to pick up The Baby and we couldn't find the car-zuzzah. We searched the whole car and all the ground around it (in the dark). After about twenty minutes we gave up and were heading up the steps to the house. "Hey, Mom!" says The Baby, "I found the car-zuzzah!" It was stuck to the seat of my shorts. Now whenever we are searching for something he makes me turn around. One more car picture: Apparently Blogger is having some issues with pictures at this point. Oh, well, gives me a reason to post again sooner than two weeks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Terry said...

The flying geese quilt for your baby is beautiful. And I'm wracked with envy that you've given your kid a finished quilt. I won't be the only one- you know that quilt will be a chick magnet, right?

4:02 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I love the quilt! It turned out beautiful and I really like how the material in it means something.
The salads look really good. And i also like the spice basil...something i just figured out a few months ago when i made something and the basil in the recipe made it just right.

6:51 PM  
Blogger CygKnit said...

That's where I should put the carzuzzah!!! (not on the seat of my shorts :) )

I'm sure Baby is going to be loving that quilt for the rest of his life (and especially the first lonely weeks at college). You've done such a wonderful job on it!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! A car-zuzzah! Now I know what to get my brother for Chrisma-Chanu-Yule.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home