Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Ewwww!

As I sit here at the computer, checking out all the blogs, I am treated to the wonderful smell of mouse past its expiration date, so this will be quick.
The Husband and I were discussing first jobs at dinner and I said, "Not only do I remember it, I know what I was knitting in the breakroom." I was working inventory in a small department store during summer vacation in highschool and I was knitting a lime green dress for my oldest niece (now the mother of two so guess what decade it was!). It had a pleated skirt and drop waist and the yarn was probably Baby Red Heart.
For all those who made it to Rhinebeck: Next year in New York! The Husband told me Rhinebeck is famous for having replicas of WWI aircraft and he would like to go see them. He told me TWO DAYS before Rhinebeck! Next year, or else!
On the knitting front I have finished and washed the Adrienne Vitadini sweater.
I really like the way it looks. I made the neck ribbing an inch shorter than the pattern called for and can't wait for a warm day to wear it! Maybe next May?

I am knitting away on the Socks for Soldiers. This week I am the art teacher at my school and her schedule allows for at least an hour's preparation time. As I don't have to write the lesson plans, it only takes me about 20 minutes to clean up, cut paper, sharpen pencils, and make notes about the day's progress. That means I get 40 minutes extra knitting time!!
Must go hunt for the former mouse. I just hope he isn't liquid! Ewwwww!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

Oh, NO! Not an ex-mouse!!!!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Please-oh-please...no liquid ex-mouses...

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Needle Tart. Like the Vitadinni. I fall for her patterns like I fall for the chocolate covered New Items at Trader Joes (this week it was chocolate covered figs -- weird -- not recommended).

Thanks for reading my blog and commenting so religiously.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

THat sweater rocks! and don't worry about the expired mouse...if I told you what I am fighting with in my kitchen you'd throw up and then I'd feel bad so I won't tell you...

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here at our house in Boston, we had some unwelcome rodents, and unfortunately we got a whole whack of flies as a consequence. Gross as it may sound, you can Shop-Vac those buggers. I confess that I neglected to empty it out until my husband got around to it. Oops!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Yeah So said...

Dare I ask how you know what expired mouse smells like??

And listen, next year CALL ME FOR RHINEBECK. I wanted to go so bad but I didn't know anyone who would go with me.

11:06 AM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Ok, very gross.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home