Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hello! My Name is Needle Tart....

I have a problem. I am addicted to solitare. Even if I win a game, I keep playing until I use up all the money I have "won". Then of course, I just know I can win the next one, and the next, until I look at the clock and two hours of my life are gone (and it's usually one in the morning). Normally, this isn't much of a problem (?!), but that's two hours I could be knitting, blogging, or sleeping. All things that should be done. I've sworn off a few times, but when I'm baking, there are those few minutes between batches and my hands are too dirty to knit..... Just for today, I will not play.

On the knitting front, I have finished a few projects.

These are Dino Mite Mittens from Interweave Knits, Winter 1997. They are so darn cute! They have everything! Short rwo shaping (for the neckon the blue one), pick up stitches and knit (for the spines on the gold one), i-cord, bobbles (yeeechh! Bobbles! I hate bobbles). Knitted in the round with Phildar Laine 51 on size 1 bamboo needles.

I am going to send them to Great Nephew #1 for his birthday (come to think of it, that was a few days ago, where was I? Ohh! See above.) along with the Dinosaur Counting Book. Think this will go over with a 4 year old? His sister is getting Cinder Edna and a pair of slippers, as soon as they are knit.

Also finished in spite of that pesky computer problem (Elder Child refers to that game as Chim-Chim, the monkey on my back) :



These are Fetching from knitty. I love them! The cable at the wrist! Cashmere! Ohhhh! However, they are a gift for a young friend of mine. I think I knit them on size 5 steel needles from two skeins of Cashmere from Fantasy Yarns (AC Moore, which sees to have the best variety of yarn in the area). They are soft and comfy and, well, I had better get them in the mail soon, or they will not go at all.


On the Sub-Season front, I realize it has been two weeks since I posted. I worked one full week (really, how do you do it?) and three days the second week. I could have worked more, but the second grade I had said, "Mrs. G, you sound funny when you breathe." Time to go home, sit down, and use the emergency inhaler. Funny thing, if I have enough free days to make it to the pool at least twice in a week , I can breathe much better. It was that five days in a row that seems to have done me in. The Husband has even agreed that he would be willing to make dinner on days I work, so I can make it to the pool for evening hours, and he can still get to bed by seven (he gets up at three in the AM to get to work on time).How could I ever replace him?

I plan to post again before the big holiday season is over (down Chim-Chim!!) but just in case, may you have food to eat, people you love, and a place to sleep.
Happy Holidays!

9 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

Solitare is dangerous. I end up playing for long periods of time. Worse, I look at the clock and realize I need to leave in two minutes... and keep playing. I blame my mother, she does the same thing.

Work (of all sorts) really does tend to mess up life doesn't it? And AC Moore for yarn? Hrm, shall have to think about that...

4:49 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I have the same problem with blogging!

...someday I am going to make Fetching!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

Real Arcade.

It is the death of all my projects, housework, cooking, playing with my children, eating...

Well. You get the idea.

Just...five...more...minutes....

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

lol, my dad is constantly playing solitaire on the computer (most of the time he plays freecell though).

The mittens turned out quite nicely.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Your Fetchings really are, well, fetching. So sweet. I am not a big wearer of gloves or mittens or fingerless gloves so I feel about zero need to ever knit them but they are fabulous and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the pattern

4:16 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

You hate bobbles too? I just knew my love for you was the real thing!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just dropped in to see what you were up to. I play solitaire on my aging Palm Pilot to put myself to sleep...the battery gives out long before I ever would. Then, I switch to solitaire on my cell-phone! I will be making "Fetching" for my freezing hands (the only thing I really HATE about working in our perishable dept is how cold it always is)as soon as I am done with the Christmas knotting (whoops, knitting...same thing some days).

Anyway, wanted to tell you, "Happy Hannukkah". Best wishes for health, happiness, and speedy awesome knitting to you and your family.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

What wonderful knitting! I so need to start working on mittens and mitts... and definitely take the Mate up on the offer to help you keep exercising...w/out my walk 3-5 times a week, I'd be lost.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

OOOHH...I love the Fetching! As to bobbles and Solitare those are things that shall not be named. I could be the president of the Solitaire annonymous chapter. It was a dark time in my life...

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home