Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Numb3rs

You know it's a bad day at the salt mine when the other teachers on your wing offer to kill your students. At least as a sub I know tomorrow will bring another group of children (yesterday's were lovely).

Now for the numbers:
Number of games of Solitare played in 2007: 0 (yes, zero!)
Number of miles walked: 16
Number of pounds lost: 2 (rats!)
Number of pounds to go: 18 (but if I really want to get back to my high school weight it's......a lot more)
Number of skeins of wool required for Brother's sweater: 8
Number of skeins bought: 10
Number of skeins used to knit the back, one side of the front and begin the other side: 6
Number of skeins estimated to finish front, collar, button band and sleeves: 6

Do we see a problem? If I've used 6 skeins, and I need 6 skeins I will be 2 short.

Number of hours wondering if I should look on-line or just frog the darn thing: 3
Number of skeins of Navy blue Woolease at AC Moore's: 0

The Husband drove me around to check at Michael's and wonder of wonders they had Woolease in Navy blue. Naturally it wasn't the same dye lot so I bought enough to knit both sleeves in the same wool. Let's hope it doesn't clash, shall we?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

I hope the dye lots aren't too much different and it blends in. You can knit two rows from the old dye lot and then two rows with the new dye lot and rotate them to get the new dye lot blended in.
That is weird that it says you only needed 8 skins and then you would end up needing way more than that. I would have also assumed that an extra two skeins would have been more than enough. Obviously the yarn amount required that was mentioned in the pattern was not right.

Also, zero games of solitaire played this year? Wow, congrats! :-)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

hee hee...yeah...I know that student feeling...I've had other students offer to kill my 5th period off...they seem to think it would improve the school's cachet or something. How's this--# lost? 1. # more needed to lose? (And I'm not kidding!) 99. If I can do it, you can do it twice!

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just once I would like to use the exact amount of yarn that a pattern called for - just once. Usually I have a lot left over but the sock yarn baby sweaters--I don't want to talk about it. *sniff*

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love leftover yarn, darling...and finding that exact color that I need is a rush like no other... (amy lane)

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home