Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Is it June Yet?

I have been subbing for a 5th grade teacher who is in Florida for the last week or so. It wouldn't be so bad, but there is a creeping crud going through the school and I have been pulled from my planning time (you know, the whole 35 minutes I get in the day to figure out what I'm supposed to teach and how I should do that) for.....ta dah! study hall. And not even study hall with my class. I'm subbing for the (voice of doom) 8th grade study hall. Yeccchhh!! Today I was actually scheduled to be in two places at once. Trust me the kids aren't left behind, it's just the teachers trying to catch up.
Let's do some happy news: Did you see? I'm into double digits with comments!!! Yay!!
The HBS (huge blue sweater) had been put aside for slippers that belong to a little girl who's birthday was last week. I'm a little behind. Ah, well. I'm sort of designing them as I go and it's taken a while to get motivated. Pictures to come. I'm also taking socks to school (not that I have time to knit, oh, no. Even during testing, I'm scrambling to catch up with the correcting, et al) so The Husband will get a new pair for Valentine's Day.
Well, must go prepare 50 questions for reading class tomorrow (shhhh, the teacher is supposed to leave them for me, but she is in ....oh, yeah, you've read that part).

6 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

See, that is why I have more time to knit than you. And also, I knit while reading for class - it helps keep me awake.

I hope things slow down for you soon! If it makes you feel better, the people I know in Florida have been complaining about the weather there. (Of course, they are complaining it is too hot. Some people, eh?)

Good luck with the HBS and the socks for the husband. I discovered the other day that my boyfriend has large feet (I really never noticed before, since his socks fit my feet.) and have since decided that he's not getting a surprise pair of socks any time soon.

1:42 PM  
Blogger CygKnit said...

Oh, honey. I am so sorry. 8th graders are evil, aren't they? And substituted ones are a special kind of hell.

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, my heart goes out to you...I never check my box so I just found this note from a sub I had in December--she'd changed my lesson plan for 5th period because, in her words, "At least this way they weren't a danger to me or each other." Oh yeah--she was dead serious. Subs get thrashed--good for you for keeping your spirits up and your knitting handy. (amy lane--blogger is not letting me in tonight.)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

8th Graders ICK! All kids other than my own scare me.

Thanks for the info on the knitted pottery.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Is it going to be (June) before we get to read more from you?

Come back, Needle Tart! Come baaaaaaaaack!!!

11:14 AM  
Blogger marie in florida said...

hello to you as well. we'll have to tell Franklin we met!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home