Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Plague Part I

So, I haven't really been interested in posting and thought I'd tell y'all why. Remember that week with the same class? Seems they passed on whatever crud was going around the school and I caught a cold. That was two weeks ago and now it has progressed. I will spare you the details, just believe me when I say it has passed the level of cold to something more like drowning.

In knitting news, the HBS (Huge Blue Sweater. Remember?) is still in progress. With all the sick days and cold days (they actually closed school when the wind chill got to 20 below F! When I was a child we went to school with the snow over our knees. And I mean high school, when I was already six feet tall and my knees were a ways from the ground. And we had to walk uphill, both ways!) you would think I have nothing to do but knit on the HBS. Sadly, I have reached the point where it is almost done (button bands and sewing up) and I don't want to work on anything else (well, I want to, I just don't think I should) but I have been sleeping between 10 and 14 hours a day. Even when I am awake I have the energy of a yam and stare at the TV waiting for something to amuse me. I called the Doctor today and maybe she will give me some nice drugs to get rid of this crud.

I keep trying to be upbeat, but really, I think I need another nap. Knit something pretty and post about it, won't you? (Oddly, I have plenty of energy to read other people's posts. Hi! Coach, Cygnet, Samurai Knitter, and so many others.......)

7 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

I hear you on the creeping crud and energy of a yam. Sadly, PSU decided that we're old enough and in theory, smart enough, to get ourselves to class with the -20 wind chill weather. I'd agree, but I saw someone in SHORTS AND A T-SHIRT on the coldest day.

And yes ma'am! to the posting.

10:35 AM  
Blogger KnitterBunny said...

I too saw someone wearing shorts on Tuesday. Strange, strange people.

2:49 PM  
Blogger NeedleTart said...

Confiance, Elder Son says "Sure. He belongs to a frat!" I can remember doing outside chores in January in my bare feet. No wonder Mothers get gray hair.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Did you hear about the kid who ran around barefoot during half time of the super bowl? In -17 degree weather (the temp, not the wind chill, was -17). He faces amputation!

Feel better.

6:25 PM  
Blogger CygKnit said...

Oh, honey. The Crud and the knitting do not go together. I am really hoping you're feeling better soon :(

8:34 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That is one badass virus. Like a British houseguest, it simply will not take its leave after the customary period of visitation. We've had it too. 2 Year Old sounds exactly like a pipe-smoking nonagenarian habitué of the bar at the VFW hall. "uuuUUUU-AHha! uuuUUUU-AHha!"

8:13 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Oooh... February is the MONTH...our entire family used to get the plague during February--it quit as the kids got older, I'm just hoping the next batch doesn't start the tradition...Here's hoping you feel better!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home