Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!

If you are reading this on March 21, it's my birthday! Welcome to the party!
This is for Rae. Mix to your heart's content. A few weeks ago we had a Purim party at the Temple. Every year we work really hard to make sure our kids enjoy the Jewish holidays. A friend and I decided that this year it should be the adults' turn. I made four kinds of creamy drinkees. Here you see the ingredients and final products (well, two of them). On Purim we are commanded to get drunk enough so that we can't tell the difference between, "Praise Mordacai" and "Curse Hamen". That takes me, oh, about, um, one. Best part of the evening: One of the members of the "other" congregation told us she almost didn't come to our "Adults Only" game night because she thought we were selling .......sex toys. Yeah, and when she showed up, she had her six-year-old with her. Fun times. For the record, we just didn't want anyone underage finishing the drinks while no one was watching, and we played Scrabble. Scrabble, people!
This is for Knitterbunny. I got a few early presents for myself (these, and I spent waaayyy too much money at Knitpicks, the package hasn't come yet, pictures later). The little teapot makes about 2 cups of tea. That little ball of stuff in front of the teapot is a "blooming" tea ball. When I drop it in hot water, not only do I get some tea to drink I get a beautiful flower to look at.

Oh, yeah, I also got a book. I'm putting off starting it because I hear how people are just sucked in and can't put it down. Thanks, Amy. One of the reasons I am wary of getting sucked in is that I decided (during a moment of lunacy, or maybe just not enough sleep) to knit a sweater (the Cable Down Sweater) for First Seder (April 2). We are going to a friend's house this year, which means I won't have to do as much cooking, so, hey! I can knit something special in eleven days! I'm taking out a couple of days because The Husband is taking me to Pittsburgh for the Represent Tour. He made reservations in a B&B just around the corner from where Stephanie is going to speak. I just have one questions for you all: How long in advance (the lecture starts at 7) should I get in line to get a seat?
One last picture: usually at our house the birthday cakes are homemade. The cake of choice is Boston Cream Pie. Since it is my birthday, and I am the only baker, The Husband picked up this little goodie. Chocolate AND peanut butter, yum! I can do this because The Baby is not home (he is allergic to PB) and he got his birthday cake last week (the aforementioned BCP). For anyone searching for knitting content (aside from the moment of insanity above) the Huge Blue Sweater is all knitted and sewn up. I am looking for good buttons. I found some in my stash that work, but I'm not feeling the love. Tomorrow I should (ha!) have some time to drop by a button shop and check them out. I have been working on some Pink Ribbon Socks with Miss Violet's Pink Ribbon Yarn, but you will just have to wait for pictures. Now, I am going to go knit a Pesach sweater and watch the tube (Love you, Netflix!) Thanks for coming to the party!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger KnitterBunny said...

Happy early Birthday! What yummies I see. Oh, and I so covet the tea pot.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

Drinks all around, compliments of Needle Tart!! Pull up a chair! ;)

And BTW, we've had some scrabble games in our house that are adult only. No, not strip scrabble (though that could be fun) but, um, inappropriate-for-kids-words scrabble. ;)

March is a busy month for birthdays. It's our busiest month of the year for friends and family. June and July were fun months for a lot of couples. :)

Happy Birthday!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

EEEEEkkkk!!! You bought my book! (Now I've got the same anxiety I had when Rae bought it...will she like it, will it offend her? Are the typos heinous beyond all reason?)

But the B-day preparations look wonderful--I especially like the drinkie-poo...(although, like MOther of Chaos I actually talk about it a lot more than I drink) and I think it's hilarious about the woman thinking that 'adult' meant sex toys!!! I didn't know that was part of Purim, did you?

(seriously--let me know if you like it...and why not if you don't...you're a nice person--you'll phrase it in a nice way, I have every confidence:-)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Happy, happy birthday! Enjoy!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Oh yeah...and happy birthday! Enjoy the Harlot--that's awesome!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home