Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Zotzed!!

You may have heard that there were a few storms around the area....We were hit by lightening. The maple tree between our house and the neighbors was struck. The neighbors got hit worse than we did. They lost phone service and all their computers were fried (The Husband put a surge suppresor on the electric and phone lines. If you haven't, you should). At our house we lost the answering machine and the tuner for the stereo system, which brings up another story in the continuing series....
How The Husband Proposed
The first time The Boyfriend (not yet The Husband) invited me to his apartment for dinner his stereo system was having a few problems. He said he would get around to fixing it one of these days, once he figured out where to take it. I asked for a screw driver and a chair (the stereo was on top of five-foot bookcases) and had it all staightened out in five minutes. Said The Boyfriend, "Wow! I should probably marry you. You can fix anything!"
Eight months later he did.
Twenty-seven years later, I am still doing all the hook-ups for the stereo system. This time we have stereo sound(apparently the last time I hooked it up, I reversed one of the speaker wires and never bothered to fix it)! Yay!!

3 Comments:

Blogger CygKnit said...

Sorry to hear about the strike! I'm glad your losses were minimal (though losing the tuner is sad! And expensive) and that you are fine.

Love the story of you and your sweetie.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Rae said...

YIKES on the lightening!! Cute on the proposal. ;) Sometimes there's a charm about geekiness and techiness. ;)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Wow...scary thing with the lightning... glad only electronics (which gives you excuses to buy new electronics...or at least that's what my husband would see...) And that's very cute about the proposal... And it's something you can put in a blog, which, in my book, is a plus!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home