Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Floggings Will Continue Until Service Improves*

I just got off the phone with Knitpicks. Several months ago a good friend (a really good friend!) sent me a gift certificate for Knitpicks. Now when the certificate first came, it came to her house, in her name. Then after that was straightened out, they sent it to my address, but with the wrong zip code and an added compass direction to my street address. Still, I got it in the same month as my birthday (well, almost) and I did lots of shopping, emptying the "cart" and starting all over again. Ooooh! What to choose? After lots of dithering and some decision making, I sent in my order and started to wait for the "Yarny goodness" to land on my porch. And I waited. Then I waited some more.......
Today I checked my account to see if the order had even been shipped. There was a note telling me to call Knitpicks and talk to an operator. Please note, if I had not checked they would have just kept holding my shipment. It seems that there was a problem with the gift certificate. Who would ever have thought? My shipping address was not the same one as on the gift certificate. Now, I know my friend got it right, I know that I have ordered from KP before,I know that I mentioned it when I sent in the order, and I know that I will keep ordering from them (Options Needles? Fabulous!! Yarny Goodness? Right up there.) Do you think they could have, maybe, dropped me an e-mail telling me there was a problem??
Any way, the operator was gone about four minutes and when she came back on the line she said she had spoken to the shipping person who held up the shipment and the package would be going out "at a faster delivery rate".
Lessons Learned?
Number One: print out the order slip (I ordered on the lap top, and printing is just a hassle).
Number Two: Check on the order after a week.
Number Three: Someone must be listening because the operator seemed a bit put out that whoever had held up the shipment.
*The title of this post comes from Elder Son. This was his comment when he asked what I was doing on the lap-top and phone at the same time. Seems I am in the wrong generation to multi-task with electronics.
Next post: Knitting content, stop laughing, no, really.....

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

Love the title...I have a T-shirt that says "The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves"-- but I hate the delay of the yarny goodness... (I just got a shipment from Simply Sockyarn--was favorably impressed by quickness and product!!!)

2:19 PM  
Blogger confiance said...

I've only ordered from KnitPicks once before and delivery was kinda slow. It WAS right around Christmas, so I suppose that could be a lot of it.

I hope you get your yarny goodness and soon!

PS: Ugh, I hate when that happens? You spend more time trying to figure what they said than what it means.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

I've ordered from knitpicks once (some of those options needles and some yarn for a cardigan). Delivery time was like normal. But i've never dealt with a gift certificate knitpicks before.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home