Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

SQUEEE!! 2

Ha! Take that Blogger! Shortly after seven the Yarn Harlot stepped up to the podium and took her picture of the audience. I am in the blurry side, way in the back. Here is my picture of her taking our picture (it is the only one I took that didn't come out blurry. Maybe it was something in the room). She was funny and thought provoking and she took a few surveys. Mostly to do with blogging, knitting, and technology. I will not quote her because you should all go and see her yourselves. Pick the nearest venue and just go. Take the kids, drag the spouse (better, let one of them drive and you can knit on the way). At the end of her spiel, Stephanie answered a few questions (and she only said "arse"once, but she was talking about hockey so it's all right) and we lined up to get our books signed. It was very well organised and gave us a chance to meet more knitters. I stood behind two Rogue sweaters. The ladies said they were pretty easy to knit and the pattern was very well written. One of them said something about it being one of the first sweaters she had knit. Yup! I need that pattern!

When I got to the front of the live Stephanie said, "Hi, Bonnie! Where did you and The Husband go for dinner? Was it any good?" Wow! Just as though she reads my blog as often as I read hers. So you can see just how tall I am (or how short Stephanie is, your choice) here is the sock exchange picture. I have the traveling sock and she has the Pink Ribbon sock. Just in case you can't tell us apart. Please ignore the glazed look on my face. It was quite a weekend. This morning when we came down to breakfast, Stephanie was waiting for her ride to the next venue. We had a nice chat about everything from maple syrup to living in a big city. Eventually her driver showed up and she was off.
How's the new book you ask? Ummm.....to tell you the truth The Husband and I were busy enjoying the city and I didn't take the time to read anything. I did, however get a hat knitted for the Represent collection.
Next post will have all the knitting content, for now I am just going to enjoy the fact that I got around Blogger. Hah!

9 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

Okay--that's so cool--that's YOU, and the HARLOT IN THE BOHUS!! That's so damned cool. I'm just totally SQUEEEEE-ing with you. What a wonderful trip to the city!!! I just found out my copy shipped from amazon, so it's okay if you don't get a chance to review, because now I can get a chance to read it too!!! (spring break--books get read:-)

And you know--you do look like Grace--the cooking thing makes it a lock:-)r

6:25 PM  
Blogger NeedleTart said...

Umm..Red faced, stunned, portly (can women be portly), Gad I look horrible in pictures! Yeah, that's it vampires look awful in pictures, too. Thanks!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I just checked out her tour page and i would have to drive 5 hours to see her. I have not bought her new book yet (i will...loved the other ones she wrote). Let us know how the new book is.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

Must...contain...envy...

Lord, that Bohus looks so gorgeous on Herself.

Glad you had fun. We all need more Things That Make Us Go SQUEEE!! :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

SQUEEE!! That's so cool! You with the Harlot. SQUEEE!!

Wow! I can't believe a Blogger Whom Stephanie Reads actually comments on my blog. SQUEEEing myself.

Thanks for the Grace imagery. Now I need an Arturo. I'm thinking... Jimmy Smits? Antonio Banderas?

11:59 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh, OK I get it. You ran into her. She doesn't read here. Still...

SQUEEE!!!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger NeedleTart said...

Coach, darling, if Arturo is Grace's, he looks like Ed Ames! Although, Antonio ain't bad either.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

No, no...not 'portly'--DISTINGUISHED AND REAL...Arturo wouldn't love Grace if she wasn't transcendentally human:-)

And Arturo looks like a guy I used to work with at McDonalds, who was so plotzing beautiful that I used to stutter in English as he tried to explain to me (in Spanish) that even though I was supposed be the manager, I still didn't know what I was doing. But very politely--and with silver-capped teeth.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Okay...I'm nagging...where are you? Needletart, we miss you!!!

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home