Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Pride goeth...

So. After posting the snarky comment about badly worded handouts....yesterday I had a whole class copy down the following: "Who's book is this?" I knew it looked wrong, but couldn't quite come up with why it bothered me. During math class (two hours later) I realized what I had done. Two of the students came over and hugged me. Said one, "It's OK. I make lots of mistakes, you're allowed one, too." Kids, gotta love 'em.
On a more serious and less self-involved note, a yarn shop in Blacksburg, VA, is collecting squares to make blankets for all of the survivors of the terrible event. Check out the requirements here and knit a few in honor, rememberence, caring, whatever you want to call it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

Kids will surprise you that way...are you surviving? Nothing is as hard as going from part time to full time...even for just a little while...

7:35 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

It took me a while to realize what was wrong with that sentence, too. :-)

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home