Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Thanks to Chaos....

Let's see if I've got this straight, I list eight random facts or habits about myself and then I tag eight more bloggers and put their names at the end of this post. Here goes:
1. To get the randomly embarassing out of the way: I was a very insecure child. I sucked my thumb until I was, sigh, thirteen (but only in private after the age of five). Still insecure, but now I knit.
2. At one time or another I have played the clarinet (yuck!), the drums, the french horn, the recorder, the guitar, and the piano. In college I practiced as much as 6 hours every day. I could read music the way most people read books. I wasn't really good at perfoming in public (see above) but I like to play for my own amusement. Sadly those days are gone. I haven't even played the piano, let alone practice for the last few years.
3. I won the best actress in a small role at San Delgito Little Theater in 19...........too long ago. I haven't been involved in theatre for several years (see Number 1) and sort of miss it. Then again I substitute teach. Think of it as daily improv.
4. I always wanted to have six kids. Unfortunately, the body did not co-operate. I have two handsome boys and am glad to be here to see them.
5. I am the baby in my family. When I was born my mother let my brothers (then 12 and 13) name me. For years they have said that they named me "Bonnie" because my aunt had a cow with that name. And people wonder why I keep trying to change it. (No wonder I'm insecure)
6. In college my composition teacher said my mind must be about 45 degrees off true. She couldn't wait to see what peculiar opinion I came up with next.
7. I can use American Sign Lauguage. Sadly, I can't read it nearly as well when someone else is trying to sign to me. If only someone in the family could read it, it wouldn't be so bad when I lose my voice.
8. When I moved back to PA from California, my boss at the time traded in her flight miles so I could go first class (and you would not believe how long it took me to figure that out). I sat in front of Dustin Hoffman. Yes. He really is that short.

There you go. Eight random factiods. Now for who I tag......
Go ahead. Elect yourself.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

What's wrong with the clarinet? I played both Bb and bass clarinet and loved it. Also, I totally failed at the flute, so I might have just been happy to find something I could play.

Was the cow cute?

8:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

All I played was the flute--I'm impressed!!!

(The joys of insecurity are underrated...really...)

And the story about your boss is so sweet...right down to the short Mr. Hoffman.vecefy

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I played the clarinet for 8 years (5th grade through 12th grade). And that is cool that you flew in first class and sat in front of Dustin Hoffman...that is so neat flying with a celebrity.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home