Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hi, there.

No, I haven't fallen off of the earth. I have five more days to work and then it's summer!! On the other hand, can you believe that I'm looking forward to September because it gets cooler and I can knit with wool and not feel like I'm dying from the heat (there's only one air conditioner in the house and it's in the very messy sewing room, which is also full of unfinished sewing projects - more on that later).
Updates:
1. We went to visit The Baby's girlfriend and meet her parents. Things went really well. She is so sweet! She called The Baby many times checking out the menu so we would be able to eat (we kept telling her, "We're not kosher, we just don't eat pork or shellfish."). Interesting house (from the 1700s, yes, that's right the SEVEN -teen hundreds) and her Mom is an art teacher. Cool.
2. FOs I finished the aloe vera yarn socks. The PPP is languishing until it cools down or there's something interesting on TV (Shhh, I know there are two DVDs from NetFlix on the library table).
3. School lets out next Friday and I am scheduled for the next five school days. It's hot enough that I don't sleep well at night and by the time I get home, I just want a nap. The nap then throws off the night's sleep and so forth. This is cutting into the knitting time.
4. Last week The Husband asked what time I came to bed. Answer: 3am. Reason: Solitare! I am weak. I thought I could play just two little games. Sigh! Back to cold turkey.
5. The pool is now only open during the school day, and I will have to wait until June 11 to go swimming again.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

Dude, what's with the weather? It was cool, almost cold for a while and now I'm melting. Not enjoying this.

What's with gyms/pools and weird schedules? Don't these people know that some people have MORE TIME to work out and uh, are actually motivated in the summer?

Glad to see you back.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

A house from the 1700s? That is so cool!
And "two little games of solitare"? haha :-)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

OKay...yeah...I'm hung up on the three hundred year old house...in America? Cool.

And it's wonderful that you think she's good enough for The Baby...you are the BEST kind of mom!!!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home