Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

School's Out for Summer!!

Today was my last day at school. Yay!!! I have worked every school day for the last six weeks or so (except for the three days I lost my voice). Pretty good for a part-time job. That means that there will be a little money in the exchequer for garden pretties, furniture for the Edler Son (if he ever finds a place he can afford) and maybe a little left over for yarn? On the knitting front, I have finally finished the PPP! If I can get a good picture I will post. Of course, it is now June and we will undoubtedly have a blazing hot summer meaning I will have to wait for, ohhhh, October to wear the darn thing. I also finished the aloe vera socks, also wool and too warm for now. So what did I cast on? Wool socks in the Red Hat colorway from Knitpicks. I am knitting a pattern from Charlene Schurch's book "Sensational Socks". Sadly, I put the book down after photo-copying the instructions (I like to highlight my numbers and don't want to permanently mark the book) and I have not been able to find it since. Add cleaning to the summer list???
Wait til you see what I came up with for knitting and walking. Tune in.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

"Skoooooolz been blown
to
piec-
es..."


Thanks for resuscitating Alice Cooper and getting me tripping.

Uh, down memory lane, of course.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Loooove those books--Charlen Schurch, total genius... I look forward to seeing which one you're doing! (And about losing your book in the house? I do that all the time--no worries...it will come back...)

Oh yeah... CONGRATS! NO school for eight weeks--HUZZAH!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home