Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Friday, June 15, 2007

Portable Socks

Still no pictures of the PPP, but I did find the Charlene Schurch book. It was under the pile of library books on the entry hall table. These are the socks I am working on. The yarn is from Knitpicks and is called Red Hat. My Red Hat Group was supposed to go to a baseball game at the local ballpark yesterday and I was planning to knit merrily away, but The Husband is going south for work and will be gone for several days at a time. Naturally he decided he would need to take the laptop so he can be connected. That meant we shopped for attachments all day long (three trips to Best Buy for printer, USB, and surge strip). By the time we got home the game had started (and seriously, folks, me? at a baseball game? What were we thinking?) Luckily, we are going to pick up The Baby's girlfriend next weekend and there should be some extra knitting time. Notice the nice little bag the sock is resting on? We were at Target and found some Organic Cotton pillowcases on clearence and they were packed in these nifty bags. I got one white one and two blue ones. They are just the right size for a ball of yarn and a started sock. There are ties at the top that are just the thing for tying to a belt loop and you can knit as you walk (boy, do I get some strange looks on the track). Notice that I drew a measuring "tape" down the side. I also wrote basic stitch counts and measurements for family members who get socks (based on The Harlot's basic sock recipe). Now for the fun stuff. Even if I want to keep one of the blue ones I still ave an extra. I think this calls for a contest. What do we think, knitters? Sound like fun? I even have a Rowen knitting book that irritates me (most of the sweaters only go to a 40" bust and I am too lazy to rework them) to throw into the pot. Now, what should I have you do? Bwa ha ha!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

Oooohh...I'll do a lot to get knitting stuff in the mail... (I like the socks--and the colorway!!!)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Okay...and can I just say, the Charlene Schurch books Rock Out Loud!!! I could spend hours just planning socks I could be in the middle of making!

4:16 PM  
Blogger confiance said...

What, no mini USB portable mouse? (I hate, hate, hate the touchpad on laptops.)

I like the little bag. Wonder if I could get my mother dearest to sew one up for me.

You knit on the track, I read Emma or Wuthering Heights on the treadmill.

9:34 AM  
Blogger NeedleTart said...

Why, yes. Yes, he did get a mouse for the lap top. But luckily that was done during one of the other trips. Save gas? Why?

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously? Target? I need to make a trip. I could use some pillowcases anyway. I want to practice my tatted edging skills. :)

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sock! What a great idea to put measuring tape mark on the bag! You're a genius! I'm looking forward to your contest.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Woo golly, you're one smart lady! I saw those sheets on sale too but I didn't notice the bags. C'mon, own up. Did you buy the sheets just to get the little baggies?

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home