Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Pictures

I seem to recall promising you a bunch of pictures. As I am currently in the windy south with The Husband I need something to fill a bunch of time (yes, I brought my knitting, Why do you ask?). Here we have a picture of Cleo "protecting" the knitting from the evil sun. Can you say, "Hi, Sehkmet," Cleo? I thought so.






These are the scarves I made for Younger Son's Sweetie's family. The Husband bought YSS's father some miniature soldiers and I felt that the ladies of the family needed a little something, too. Besides, when has a knitter ever passed up the opportunity to dress everyone he/she knows in wool? The sparkly one at top left is from The Knit Stitch by Sally Melville. It is the shaped scarf and is made from Lion Moonlight Mohair. It's a wonderful yarn, soft and cuddly. Unless you happen to be allergic to mohair, that is. Guess how I found that out. Go ahead, guess. Sigh. At least I have a friend who is willing to wear the allergens for me. The bottom left scarf is a lace ring from one of the one-skein books, but I forgot which one and I am away from the knitting book collection. It is knit from a Knitpicks blend. Soooo soft. I wish I had enough for a new scarf for me. The last little number in this group is YSS's scarf. It was from a kit, although I didn't like the pattern in the kit. Too easy. So I got out the collection and knit the "Monet" yarn into a lace pattern first written down by Elizabeth I's Lady-in-Waiting. Just a warning, be sure you write down which line you end on. It is almost impossible to read the lace and be sure where you stopped. I found at least six errors when I was blocking. (BTW, YSS said it is absolutely beautiful and she is afraid to wear it. Sigh.)

To your right (hey, you stop leaning out of the car, we'll get there) you can see the socks knit for Youngest Niece and the New Baby. Frankly, I have forgotten which pattern (exactly) I used for the adult socks but the yarn is Sockotta. I bought plenty of this yarn thinking it would take at least two skeins to make a pair of socks for me. I got out socks for me and socks for the Niece. Of course, she wears a size six shoe and I wear,well, larger. Much larger. The red socks are from some yarn Amy sent me and are the basic sock pattern Stephanie uses (and wrote down for all of us, thanks be).

While we are on the subject of socks, these are the Retro Rib socks from Interweave Press's Favorite Socks. Um, not so much. They are very pretty, fit well and of course I like the color, but! The pattern is a four-row repeat. It is easy enough to memorize but if I let my attention stray to, oh The Husband talking to me for instance, I would forget to knit in the back of a stitch or purl when it should be a knit. Nice pattern, but definitely not mindless. I finished the Brooklyn Bridge scarf, but The Husband left it at home because we are in Virginia and it's too warm here for scarves, he says. Yesterday it was 25 degrees.

Well, there you go. Pictures. I hope it doesn't look too messy when I post. See you later.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wow! You've been knitting up a storm. Beautiful work and the photos look marvelous!

10:20 AM  
Blogger confiance said...

It always looks so much more impressive when you wait and take pictures of everything all at once. I should keep that in mind.

Really, I think we need to draft an agreement for gift recipents. We'll knit, they will wear, we will expect and EMBRANCE the resulting wear and tear of everyday use. In fact, we might even offer to fix whatever is in our skill range.

And it benefits us too, cause we have an excuse to knit MORE when the item dies.

Silly muggles.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is a lot of beautiful things. I can't even remember what I was going to say.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Wow.

The pictures were sooooooo worth the wait--you've been busy!!!

I know that 'too nice to wear' thing. I've finally just started wearing stuff. Too nice to let sit and collect dust! (I love that Elizabeth I lady in waiting story--and the design as well!)

5:59 PM  
Blogger mathcutie said...

How do we sign up to date your sons? You know...so we can get some knit items. Hee hee, just kidding, my hubby wouldn't approve.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home