Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Has Anyone Seen My Snorkel?

After many visits to the frog pond I am getting back on track with the holiday knitting. Of course, I need to get some more yarn. . .
I was knitting along on the Monet scarf and not liking what I was seeing. It was garter stitch in the middle and a little bit 'o lace on the edges. I finished a pair of socks and was putting the pattern back in the book when I saw a pattern called Elizabeth I. Ohhhhh!! Lacy and interesting to knit. I had finished about 20 inches and since ripping back I've re-knit 10 inches. Someday there will be a picture.
The Strikke along was going great guns and I had finished the back and the left front and put it together just to check the fit. Rats! Too small. So I ripped it all out and started a larger size. With all the holiday knitting ahead I had to put it aside for now.
Ohhhh!!! Yesterday The Husband and I were at The Big Book Store and he had a coupon for 25% off. As he couldn't find anything he wanted to read (did I tell you that 3 new cookbooks came in the mail yesterday?) he let me use it on a knitting book. Son of Stitch 'n Bitch. This is a great book for any knitter with men to knit for. Just skimming through it I saw at least 4 patterns that I need to knit now! Gotta go get some special yarn. See ya!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I love that pattern! A few attempts were made early on in my lace knitting career and then it was abandoned. Can't wait for your pictures!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

I actually just boght son of s&b--I wasn't going to. I was going to be good and not spend that money. And then Chicken saw the Deady Bear pattern, and I was completely lost.

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home