Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

With Alcohol, If You Please.

So, The Husband and I were out to dinner and, as usual, I was knitting while he finished up. The waitress came by and asked if we would like dessert. I ordered a Chocolate Amaretto Dream and the sweet young thing asked, "Would you like them to make that without alcohol? They can do that, you know." Which begs the question: Do I look like a recovering alcoholic? Or someone's sweet old grandma (knitting, see)? Just to set things straight, I had the booze. All the booze!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

Either that or you looked younger than whatever the cut-off age is for carding for alcohol. For tobacco, it is 27, so I guess 30?

Go you!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, better than being asked if you were thirty when you were 21. Still rankles after 2 years.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Mmmm... probably thought you looked a little wild-eyed with those pointy sticks and didn't want to add to the chaos!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Yeah, maybe they didn't want an inebriated diner swaying through the restaurant armed with miniature lances.

Or maybe the waitress herself has trouble with dropped stitches after consuming alcohol.

You're holding out... what exactly is a Chocolate Amaretto Dream (besides something that makes you awaken quivering and sweaty and embarrassed next to your mate)?

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home