Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Doldrums

Thanks to Samurai for saying this better than I would, but.....fun has become duty,

Quilting - at least one hand-quilted king size quilt and 3 queen/king size quilts behind.

Knitting - not behind really, but no challenge in sight. Everything has that "been there, knit that" feeling (and before you suggest it, I have never knit a full lace shawl, or entrelac)

Embroidery - Meh. working from a chart someone else made feels too much like cheating (if I'm so smart, why don't I design my own? Huh? Huh??)

Gardening - There are so many wonderful projects on the back burner, but it's hot and the rest of the gardens need to be kept up (and Elder Son watered while I was away. Should dianthus leaves be black?)

House Cleaning - Stop laughing! You there, get off of the floor! Do you know how long it's been since I washed it? (Although I did clean the freezer yesterday)

Re-Decorating - Elder Son can't find a place to move that he can afford until he does move and can work as a tutor full time. As for the rest of the house, first I would have to get rid of The Husband so I can reduce the piles. I'll keep the piles. Beside most of the summer money I saved is gone due to one emergency or another.

Baking - Sigh. I did bake up a storm yesterday, but all from tried and true recipes. The boys are convinced they will starve if I go south the The Husband for two weeks. I made four kinds of cookies yesterday. Now if I would only clean the basement freezer, I would have some place to put them.

Reading - I know. New Harry Potter!! See re-decorating. No money. Otherwise, I have read almost every cozy murder mystery in the library. Amy, write faster. I'll hock a kid.

Blogging - I read you guys every day. Really I do. Sometimes three times. And every day I think I should post more often. But 2 comments? Who's reading? Amy and The Coach. Hi, guys!

Planning for the fall classes - I don't even have the syllabus for the third grade yet. All I know for sure is that it's time we learned the Hebrew calendar. Other than that, I'm a sub, no planning needed.

Exercise - All right. I do swim three days a week (that's all the pool is open) and I have started swimming 3/4 of a mile, but it's too hard (she whines) to do anything else.

Man, where did the joie de vivre go? Where ever it is could you point it back here? Thanks.

8 Comments:

Blogger gemma said...

Dear Neele Tart
you do not speak to the void, I read you, even I never comment. So hello, it sounds like an iceblock is in order, and doing something, even something inconsequential for YOU. Chin up its freezing here in Australia, so enjoy your summer. Just think its almost time to send out the little sprogs back to school

8:15 PM  
Blogger NeedleTart said...

Yes, But I'm the teacher!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Try to identify the major sources of stress that you can dump (anything other than the family memebers, if you ask me) and dump them. Be ruthless. There will always be time later to knit/quilt/needlepoint that certain project.

Consider starting fresh on a project that excites you, and telling yourself you'll get back to the rest later.

And hang in there. We all do this.

9:08 AM  
Blogger CygKnit said...

I'm here, I'm here! I read every post, I promise! I just stink at nursing at the keyboard.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm here. I'm just about as good (consistant)at keeping up with everyone else's blogs as I am at posting on my own.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Mother of Chaos said...

I think your joie de vivre is off in a pub somewhere drinking with mine. I swear I have been trapped in "Meh-burg" for a couple weeks now!!

Currently ignoring the laundry, thank you very much, and wishing the kids were back in school already. Although then I'm sure I'll be whining about how 'quiet' and 'boring' it is.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

But I love reading you!!! And I miss you when you're gone!!! And what Julie said--we all go through craft slumps... (I actually flirted with beading this summer, because I thought it would be more instant gratification. Then I remembered why I stopped in the first place. Knitting feels better--but I had to remind myself of that...) Maybe, (says the woman posting at 12:00 a.m. to avoid the homework she'd rather not do) maybe you're just catching up on your sleep. I know I've found myself staring glassy eyed at the television with my knitting in my lap because I just didn't get enough sleep the night (month) prior.

11:55 PM  
Blogger MadMad said...

I think the all of bloggy-land is in the same slump - even the Yarn Harlot! It's just too darned hot, they really haven't figured out yet how to make a dishwasher that empties itself, and why wash a kitchen floor when it's gonna be dirty two seconds later? But four batches of cookies, you say? Now THAT could cheer me up...

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home