Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Retail Therapy

I was reading a mystery last week and the main character had gone through some tough times. To help her feel better a friend took her to a day spa and then for some retail therapy. Today after my swim I gave myself a facial and a hot-oil treatment for my hair. When The Husband came home from work (after his nap) we went out to look for a book. I am down to only two more and we will be here for three more days. Obviously I need something else to read (shhh! I know there are school books waiting for me). After the bookstore (The Chocolate Jewel Case by Joanna Carl) we were wandering around the shopping area and there was a Nordstrom's Rack. The Husband said he had never been in one so we decided to take a look. As we went in there was a sign that said there was a shoe sale, especially large sizes! I went to the shoes while The Husband went.....somewhere.
In the shoe section I found 3 pairs of shoes that fit and felt really good! Name brands and less than $150 for all. There were also two ladies there who were a hoot and a half. The shoes I bought were blue pumps and black pumps (very tailored and good for professional looks) and a pair of red shoes that will look great with jeans and hand-knit socks. While I was trying on shoes the other ladies were chatting with me and there was this one pair of shoes.......four inch heels and sparkly slide front and satin ribbon ties at the ankle. The other ladies were encouraging me to get them. "Oh, girl! You need those shoes! Just take little tiny steps and swing it!" It's a good thing they were a size too small. Other wise I would need a new wardrobe (lots of glitter) and a new career (um, The Husband probably wouldn't approve), but it was a lot of fun and The Husband and I have a new story to tell. There you have it. Spa time and some new shoes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

Yeah...it's fun to imagine that I could buy stuff like that... (I love it--the husband when...somewhere...) (Sorry I haven't visited in a while...fighting for computer time has been rough... keep blogging--I had a lot of fun reading this morning!!!)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

At times like those I which I had taken my camera!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Lene Andersen said...

Nice! Y'know - I've never been good at sparkly things. I see people working it, even looking very chic with just the right accents, but I just don't have the guts. Would have loved to see a picture of the shoes. Swing it, indeed!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Wow, wow and wowzee wow-wow. You've been shoe shopping and knitting and knitting some more and swimming???

Trade'ja lives. You can figure out what a jmeter is and how to make it run multiple users on my software and I'll get that September reading done for you.

Shoulda bought the F*** Me Shoes. You could've paraded around the house for The Husband in them. That would be fun and different.

Or maybe not. I don't know you that well...

(I do know I miss reading you, though.)

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home