Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Just For Amy

Amy wants to know what we've been up to, and just before I left I got this wonderful box of stuff (corn yarn! Do you know how much I wanted to try the corn yarn? Stitch markers made by her own little hands! Whee!)so as a thank you until I can get the camera attached and add pictures here's what I'm up to:

Hi from the land 'o plastic. I'm back visiting with The Husband in the south. Most days down here we have an air quality warning, which means that even though The Husband says he should get some exercise, "it's too hard for you to breathe, darling wife, so I'll just take a nap here while you stay in the air conditioning" going out of my tiny mind! My only activity is swimming every day (3/4 of a mile. Yay me!)
Yes, well, I did make a foray into the AAA guide for the area and found two (count 'em, Two!) plantations to visit. Love to visit the stately homes of times past and figure out how they made it through the day. If you're good, I might take some pictures.
On the knitting front: I have finished the embossed socks and started the Lichen Ribbed socks from Knitting Vintage Socks. I've actually spent more time on a cross-stitch project for a friend's birthday. I think I know why I don't do a lot of embroidery lately. I need new glasses. The only way I can check on my stitches (even? Crossed the same way?) is to take my glasses off and hold the work about an inch from my face. Then the search for the glasses begins.
On the back burner? Lesson plans for September. I brought the books, really I did. I just have to open them up and make some notes. I need some chocolate. See you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I had to get bifocals on my glasses a few years ago. (My vanity, the one that makes me dye my grey hair, forced me to get "progressive bifocals" so no one can tell) and they make embroidery only a bit better. I still have to take off my glasses to check things out. I just put them on the top of my head until I need them. I have been working on the same tablecloth for 10 years (it's a big tablecloth!) but it is really pretty.

5:57 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

EEk! I feel so bad--the lapop broke and I go so behind on my blogging, and here you are, posting JUST FOR ME!!! I'm glad you liked the package--I really hope the stitch markers work--and I thought the corn yarn was just so cool!!! I'm glad your knitting mojo is coming back...I know mine is too!!!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Lene Andersen said...

Pictures of plantations? Oh, yummy!

I'm doing that thing in the grocery store when I check ingredients. You know the thing I mean. The "my arms are getting too shrt" thing. Sigh...

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home