Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Welcome

If you just turned to the February 8, 2008 page in you Stitch-n-Bitch calendar and decided to visit, welcome. Amy seemed to be really impressed that the Valentine Socks are mine and that I hadn't mentioned selling the pattern. That's either because I was waiting until the sale was for sure or I was being modest. Your choice.
On the needles right now are:
1. Smokin' from Son of S-n-B. Well, it's not exactly on the needles. I am knitting it for Younger Son and I need to find buttons that go and sew down the second pocket. It was an easy knit, but I would have made it one size larger for anyone else. YS likes his sweaters to hug him.
2. Target Wave Mittens from Knitting from Nature. They should be on the needles, but I am working madly away on:
3. The Brooklyn Bridge scarf from Son of S-n-B. It is double knitting with a pattern. I think the last time I tried double knitting was a baby blanket for Oldest Niece who now has two children of her own. This time I am using two colors and practicing holding one color in each hand. Maybe for the next Olympics I can get that fair-isle sweater done. (I have a few years to perfect the method, right?)
4. Remember the Strikke-along? Me neither.
It just occured to me that I started this whole blog thing because Stephanie told me to, and that was during the last Olympics. Aren't they in February? That means a blogiversary must be coming (I just checked and I didn't know how to start so the first dated post is February 10, 2006. Wow! 2006!!) I know I missed it last year. Maybe this year I'll even post.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I wish I had bought one this year so I could post it on my bulleten board.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's "bulletin," sorry.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I'm not finished with my Strikke-along project yet, either, and I'm in charge. Heck, I just cut one of the armhole steeks.. it's gonna be a while.

It's supposed to be fun. So don't sweat it. That's an order. ;)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

I love that snb book as well! (And I keep tripping over my strikke-along project and thinking...'well, it was a nice idea when I thought I'd have time...)

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home