Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Rats!

I went to school this morning planning to work a full day, the secretary in charge of the subs had a different idea, however and once I cleared the metal dectectors (don't ask) I only had to wrangle first graders for 3 hours. What, you may ask, did I do with this windfall of time? Did I rush home and sit by the fire with my knitting (little socks for The Nephew)? No. Rats! The chimney sweep doesn't come until next week because somebody forgot to call him in August.
Did I put my feet up on the yarn hassock and knit away? No. Rats! I spilled cauliflower salad on the cover and it really should be washed....
Did I go up to the sewing room and settle in with a long over-due quilt? No. Rats! I never did call the handyman to repair the storm window that was broken in that thunder storm last spring...
Did I bake something delicious? No. Rats! I'm out of bread and it will take forever to get that done......
Did I put away the Thanksgiving decorations and get ready for Hanukkah? Rats! Only six days left. Argghhh? Only six days left and I haven't even started shopping............
Did I go for a walk? Well, yes, actually. That 30 pounds I was supposed to lose last January like it here. During the last visit to the Medicine Man it was strongly suggested that unless I want to add some more meds to my daily round (please, not that!!) I had better clean up my act and get moving......
So what feat of Susie Homakerish fun did I accomplish? While my neighbors are all putting up their Christmas decorations I repotted my indoor plants, took all the very dead outdoor potted flowers to the over full compost bin and washed the pots. It was 28 degrees this morning. Sigh.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

I've got a spider plant that I can't seem to kill if you want to keep with the repotting.

No? Rats.

And I'm betting that a knitting needle (or 5) caused problems with the metal dectector.

Happy shopping!

8:14 PM  
Blogger MadMad said...

Ugh. I promised myself I would repot my plants - last May. Oh well.

And I don't know if the cookbook is any good - we're not actually vegetarians! (We thought we would be one fine day, and then gave up. I made one thing out of it. I mostly just use Everyday Food recipes, if you want the truth...)

6:48 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Rats...I hate it when those little buggers bit you in the butt!!!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home