Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Boom! Poof!

Luckily the principal canceled some meetings this week and I got two days back (the meetings are postponed to next week, but that makes the work schedule survivable). I say "luckily" because The Husband and I were chatting after dinner on Monday when we heard "Boom!" from our bedroom. As we were not in the room at the time we dashed up to see what had fallen. A piece of our ceiling (say 2 feet by 2 feet, or 70 cm by 70 cm) had fallen just about where I sleep. Now we live in an old house. Funny thing about old houses, when you start to pull off(or lose pieces of) the walls and ceilings there is a lot of black mold, dust, or something behind them. When the piece fell it hit the bedpost and broke into many pieces. The "Poof" is the only rendering I can use to describe the black powder flying all over (all over) the room. I had a pile of sweaters next to the bed waiting to be washed and stored away for the winter (it's still cold enough here for and occasional light cashmere sweater). Well, they'll be washed now.
The Husband took the bedding to the laundromat and I proceeded to wipe down and sort out the room. Our bed wasn't ready until two in the morning. Good thing I didn't have to work.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

WOW. That's freaky-icky-damn&blech! No WONDER you don't want to watch the show--you're living it!!! But the gods were looking out for you--it's a GREAT thing that you weren't asleep when it happened!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous YSS said...

I'm glad that you weren't IN the bed when that happened! Be careful, black mold is especially toxic! (and not just for someone who's allergic to just about every type of mold, like me) Perhaps you should be sleeping in another room until things are straightened out from the collapse...

5:47 PM  
Blogger SunshineDreams said...

Gah! I go away from reading for awhile and what happens? You have ceilings going crazy and falling where you sleep!

Sooo glad you were not beneath it when it went!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home