Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Argghh!

Tomorrow I will be monitoring the PSSA tests. I always have a sock in the purse for those moments when I am watching but not actually teaching. These socks need to be simple enough that I can keep an eye on the kinder but complicated enough to keep me sane (this is not as complicated as those who know me might think,then again should I use the words same and me in the same sentence?). I finished the Cable Rib Socks from Interweave's Favorite Socks yesterday and started to look for an interesting yarn for a plain sock. Easy to knit, fun to look at. Two skeins of Blue Moon in interesting colors, two different colors. No pair of socks there. Maizy from Amy. I want to knit the Flame Wave socks (same book) from that yarn and it takes too much attention. The rest of my sock yarn collection is either wonderful colors in hand wash yarn (so not future socks) or plain color superwash (begs for lots of complicated stitches). What's a knitter to do? Order more yarn of course (and get the emergency socks out of the car until the yarn arrives).
Oh! The emergency socks are kept in the drawer under the front seat for those times when I accidentally leave home without knitting. Just a basic sock in inexpensive yarn.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger confiance said...

Have you found any complicated looking patterns with quickly memorized pattern repeats? I'm thinking of the Eagle's Flight - though, as I have honestly knit one sock THREE TIMES ALREADY, I'm not sure how easily memorized the pattern is or if it has just been burned into my head.

But totally a legit reason to buy new yarn. Being without a project is totally NOT ok.

7:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like ribbing. And stockinette. Both simple, but I love them. :)

Think you could handle a plain stockinette sock? ;)

7:36 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Emergency socks--EXCELLENT idea...I have sort of the same thing for karate tournaments and soccer games...

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home