Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Big Swim

Over the last few weeks I have spent more time in the pool than knitting. Today is my birthday and I conceived the idea of swimming the same number of laps as I am old. This wouldn't be all that hard as I swim pretty slowly and don't get that tired, however, the pool where I swim is only open for two hours during the day and I need to swim almost a mile and a half to reach my current age (Olympic pool. Look up the number if you want.) and doing that in two hours is the real challenge. The lifeguards were so cute. When I came in they had designated a lane just for me and every once in a while they would ask what lap I was on. I succeeded and even finished my shower before the time was up. While doing the laps, I did consider that if this turns into an annual event I will need a lot more time when I'm 72!
Tonight The Husband took me to a really nice Italian Restaurant and I wore the Purple Pesach Pullover. I thought the front looked a little plainer that I remembered and when I got home I realized that I had worn it backwards. Brain cells are apparently dying.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mathcutie said...

Good for you with the swimming! I would pass out at lap 2. But I really cracked up about having your sweater on backwards!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Congratulations on your big swim, that is quite an accomplishment. Loved the bit about the sweater, too :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Seriously--good for you and the swimming! I"m so jealous--that's really good for the bod... (did you consider that maybe you were a might tired after that swim?)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home