Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Oatmeal

Today's indulgence is my favorite oatmeal for breakfast. Usually I have unsweetened shredded wheat squares. You can see why this would be a treat.
1 1/4 cups water
2/3 cup old fashioned oats
sprinkle of cinnamon
freshly grated nutmeg (I like nutmeg so I probably use more that you would)
pinch of salt
a handful of raisins

Put all of this in a small saucepan and cook over a medium flame. While the oatmeal cooks coarsely chop two tablespoons (or so, like I measure) of walnuts and toast them in the toaster over for 5 minutes or until you can smell them. When the oatmeal is done (thick and bubbly) put it in your breakfast bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon of really good vanilla, sprinkle the nuts on top and add some skim milk. I also put some real sugar in. Enjoy!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home