Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Catching Up and Digging Out

I am so far behind I will never catch up. Let's see:
Summer projects:
There was something about reading the 83 books in my box near the fireplace so we could have a fire this winter. Yeah. Now there are at least 100 books in the box. Thanks, family.
I refinished three or four pieces of furniture (you can have a picture or a post, your choice).
Yeah, yeah, lost 25 pounds (and not an ounce since, I may even have gained a pound back)
Quilts? The less said the better about those.
Holiday projects:
This was the year of Feltenschung. I made felted slippers for all the "children". The kit from Knitpicks with the high top sneakers, and spatted shoes (Elder Son made a special call to tell me how much he likes the slippers/sneakers and that it's helping with his heating bills) and French Press Cafe slippers for YSS. Two (maybe three felted hats, hmm maybe four), felted snowmen (well, those aren't finished), a felted fireman's hat for Little Guy.
Two Steggie sweaters. What can I say there was enough yarn for both.
Socks for all the men in the immediate family.
This is the month of my blogiversary. The Yarn Harlot (speaking of whom, I made up a sock of the month bag, but I'm not starting it until March. Not only will I not go berserk during February, March is my birthday month and it can be a gift to me!)got me into this four years ago. Which brings up: Olympic Knitting. I struggled for a while picking out a project that would be challenging without requiring that I stay awake for 16 days. At first I thought I would knit Sleeves in my Pi. I have the yarn, five skeins of laceweight. Sixteen days? Maybe not. I finally settled on toe-up socks. I have probably knit 30, maybe 40 pairs of socks, but never toe-up. The cast on scares me and the cast off worries me (fat ankles...bad circulation in the legs). Time to figure it out.
Digging out? Check the news (or Samurai Knitter's pictures). We got 2o" of snow last night and the cars just looked like igloos this morning. The plow still hasn't been by (7:30 pm).
What brought on the need to post?
I've been making a Victorian Doll for Great Niece (so far there is only one) and with all the snow we're sort of trapped here, so no more excuses for finishing the last dress. You'd think so anyway. I just ran out of white thread. White. Thread. I haven't run out of white since Mom gave me 10 spools of white and 10 spools of black for Hanukkah one year. She died in 2001. Today, when I can't get to JoAnn's, I run out. Sigh. Guess I'll just have to knit something. Good thing I have a little yarn around here. If only there were something to read. Oh, wait...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

oh yay oh yay you posted, and Bonnie is doing fine! (Of course you would run out of white thread... your mother apparently never doubted it, why should you?) And I haven't thought about knit-Olympics this year. I should. Four years ago my challenge to myself was to knit something for the impending Arwyn--it was a way to know she was there. This year, I don't spend so much time knitting or watching television for that matter, and I have the feeling I'll be listening to the coverage while writing and watching the actual activities on dvr replay. Maybe I should make a vow to finish a UFO?

9:13 AM  
Anonymous YSS said...

Have I mentioned to you how much I love those slippers and how I wear them pretty much constantly when I'm in my apartment? I do. :)

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home