Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, October 04, 2009

What I Did on My Summer Vacation - Part 1

Yes, I know it's October, but I've finally got some free time and a whole lot o catching up to do.
Every spring, before school lets out, I make a list of the things I would like to accomplish with all the free time ahead of me. This year's list?
House
Re-decorate Elder Son's room and make it our bedroom
Re-decorate our room and make it the new sewing room
Re-decorate the sewing room and make it a TV/guest room

Sadly, due to the whole boom, poof (when the bedroom ceiling fell down?) we had to table the redecorating until we could get a contractor to remover the present ceiling, clean the joists (?) to be sure there is no mold growing, insert insulation, apply dry wall to new ceiling, sand floor, and repair the closet. Now that it's October, The Husband has promised to get on with it.

Knitting/Yarn
Sweater for a friend (promised who knows how many years back)
Nona Shawl (KnitPicks kit)
Steggie sweater for great nephew
Lace Shawl for me!
Warm Shawl from Knitting Classic Style
Another Fish Hat for someone....
Afghan for DIL to be
Dye yarn blanks

Sewing
Eldest niece's wedding quilt (They have a six-year-old child, I really need to get on this!)
Youngest niece's quilt (Four-year-old, and don't think I don't hear about it)
New Duvet cover for our newly decorated bedroom
Snowman embroidery I've been working on for years, years I tell you.
Cat embroidery, ditto
Doll for Great Niece
Tote bag from dragonfly materiel

Gardening
Mulch Lavender and Roses
The Husband's Zen garden
Plant annuals in the corner garden
Make Lavender Vinegar

Craft
Refinish Oak Desk
Refinish Oak Bookcase
Refinish Dressing Table
Refinish Oak Chair
Refinish armoire

Miscellaneous
Finish all the books in my book box
Take a trip
Lose twenty pounds
Swim three times a week
Digitize all my Ed Ames Albums

Well, that was this summer's list. Next time I will let you know how things worked out and even post some pictures. Now, where's that gift list for the winter holidays?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous YSS said...

Well, I guarantee you accomplished more from that list than I did in an entire year! Don't even remind me about winter holidays...they've already crept into my mind, adding further stress on top of grad school, miscellaneous errands, and figuring out where all of my things went that disappeared during my recent moves. I left out the fun of trying to coordinate visits here and my travels elsewhere (Did I mention that I'm maid of honor for my best friend's wedding in April?)...all while writing several papers a week and reading hundreds (easily) of pages for only three classes. Why did I go to graduate school again?

5:14 PM  
Blogger ReesieAnn said...

just one quick note - LJ is only 3 but this November will be Scott's and my 5th Wedding Anniversary - perhaps you were just averaging them together? You had quite a list but actually got SOME of those things done! Over all - GOOD JOB!!!!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

Oh baby-- and people say I'M busy... that's a heck of a list! And YES I want pictures... but not of the whomp-poof... that'll just scare the bejeebers out of me...

9:29 PM  
Blogger SunshineDreams said...

LOL and hear I thought it was just me...

Hope all is well there! :)

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home