Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Drive-by Blogging

Hi! Well, the last time I posted I gave a few reasons why I might be a little busy. Have you heard that Mercury is in retrograde? Since the last post the art teacher at my school has become gravely ill (nice thoughts should be directed to Ann in Tyrone) and, as I am the one sub who gets along with her and can follow her (somewhat wandering) lesson plans, I am in charge of art for the rest of the year (which means I write the lesson plans for myself and my sub because the regular teacher is too sick, and I prepare all the supplies for classes, I organize the end of the year return of projects and get as much as possible ready for the art show). Naturally, just before this I volunteered to bake dessert for the entire congregation at the Rabbi's last service before she goes off to do her summer thing, and I signed up and paid for Annie Modisett's classes in Stroudsburg, Pa. Now, the wonderful secretary will not let me give up these two events. I stayed at school until 5pm last night to get some things ready for the annual art show. The head of the arts department went to the principal, who asked the Superintendent if I could get some over-time pay to cover all the work that needed to be done for the end of the year. Wanna guess what he said? Go on, but remember he's a member of the administration and I'm a lowly sub. Yup, no pay beyond my measly $75 a day. Therefore and hence, the other subs, the secretary and the teachers will not let me stay past three o'clock. The Husband keeps trying to get me to switch school districts (which would mean new clearances and learning all new names). The pay is just a tad higher but I like it where I am as long as I stay away from admin.
In knitting, I am working away on the shawl, I'm on row 291 out of 483 of the garter stitch center. That's all good, I'm too fried to knit complicated. That said, I finished the right sock of Cookie A's kai-mei socks and I'm at the heel of the second. Thank G-d we have a three-day weekend. I'm planning a movie, a picnic, and a whole lot of knitting. And you?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Lane said...

Don't you love administration? (One of the benefits of my current administration is that my principal would have gone to bat for you--I know how rare that is!) You get to take a class from Annie Modesitt? That's AWESOME! And I hope the Art Show goes well--good for you, keeping this busy--now you just need to get well!

6:20 AM  
Blogger SunshineDreams said...

Ah, the life of a sub. It was almost as fun adjunct instructing, let me tell you.

What class are you going to take from Annie Modesitt?! Better blog LOTS about that!! :)

12:02 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow, you have been busy. I love that shawl!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home