Needle Tart

If I'm not knitting or sewing something, I must be cooking something!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Apparently, I'm Five

Today in Sunday School the Rabbi was telling the children why we should celebrate Thanksgiving and she was talking about how grumpy she felt this morning when she looked out her window and saw grey skies and snow. I turned to the teacher next to me and said, "Wow! I was really excited to see the snow. I thought it was pretty!" The reply, "That's because you're five." Who knew?
But seriously, shouldn't we enjoy the earth in all its variety? Even a dark gloomy, rainy day has its up side. Sitting in a warm room and reading a good, long book next to the fire while I listen to good music on the radio? What a delight. And yes, I do think of the people who aren't warm, can't read, and don't even have a room. Luckily my religion teaches that you don't have to cure everything, just do what you can, but don't forget to look for the blessings, even in the hard times.
And why should we celebrate Thanksgiving? Because even though the weather is dark and gloomy and the snow stinks, we need the falling leaves and cold weather to prepare the world for spring and summer. At least that 's what the Rabbi said. Personally, I think we need to be looking for the wonder of a new day, whatever the weather.
Enjoy what ever weather you've got today, where ever you are.
PS I gave the Rabbi a pair of Fetchings today. If it were a warm sunnny day she wouldn't have enjoyed them nearly so much.
PPS I joined in on Julie's Spaz Along, but I can't post anything about the current knitting because it is going to someone who checks the blog, Hi!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Five is a good age to be. Enjoy it as long as possible, I say. Like the next fifty years. Go for it. Life's too short to be a grownup.

I love that your rabbi is female. Reform, I assume?

6:37 PM  
Blogger Amy Lane said...

I like being five! There's a Sandra Cisneros story called 'Eleven' where the girl talks about how were all like stacking dolls-- we're eleven, and inside that we're ten and inside that we're nine, and so on--so when her mom's looking sad, she asks her, "Mom, are you three today?"

You got to be five today--good for you!!!!

Way to make the rabbi appreciate a snowy day:-)

6:45 PM  
Blogger ReesieAnn said...

I wanna be 5 too!!!! That is exactly how I look at things... ooo yay! It's not so nice out... what a great time to sit inside in my warm home with my family and watch movies and knit.
Oh, and HI back... since I take it I'm the one you were referring to :)~

5:03 PM  
Blogger SunshineDreams said...

Huzzah for five! I pity people who grow up and lose wonder.

How are your snowmen coming (asks the snowmen pusher)?

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home